I bought the popcorn with thought of
the joy its deliciousness can bring.
But unfortunately the real popcorn gives
you also the pain by getting stuck between your gums and teeth.

It is strange how someone gets stuck in your thought. The thought of that someone lingers in your memory like how garlic and onion lingers in your mouth after eating it and even when you burp.

I thought I was heaven.
And all I did was see her.
Maybe this is what we call love.
Or maybe this is just something else.

I got up with my crooked bike that looked like my grandma's back.
The bike seemed hopeless but I still carried it home.
My buddies where just there laughing at me and they were really assholes back then.
I never got to see them when I got old.

Anyway so back to the girl I saw on the park,
She was really pretty and amazing.
Just looking at that angel like face made my heart beat like crazy.
She was just everything I wanted. 

I was enrolled in a tutorial center a few kilometers away from our home.
My mom enrolled me there because maybe she thought I needed an extra academic hand.
And after few months of boring after school sessions in that center.
I saw her.
She was with her mom and she enrolled that day in the center.
I was so glad it happened.
I thought it was fate.
I thought the heavens were shipping us.
Destiny indeed.

She was new so she knew no one in the center. 
So I managed to be her first friend.
I think I was a slick back then just like the smoothest peanut butter in the world, smoooooth.
I approached her like a normal kid.
I threw a glue at her face.
No I'm just kidding, I didn't throw any glue at her face.

She was assigned to my study group and we were 4 boys in the group. 
The others were so awkward and absolutely lacked the skill in getting friendly with girls so I being the superior kid that time managed to get to know her well and we became naturally friends. Her name was Annie.
She was happy, I was happy and we were happy.
I thought this was the thing I waited my whole life.
Being a 12 year old cannot stop me from loving someone.
But I learned it the hard way that you can't always get everything you want.
I wanted reciprocated love but I wasn't able to get it.

One time I was outside the room in our center. Annie came out of our study group room and sat beside.
She pointed at the playground inside our center. There was only 1 kid in the playground.
She asked me who he was and I told him it was Aaron. He was the new kid.
She suddenly blushed and giggled.
She opened her mouth and whispered
"I think I like him"
"Why do you like him?" I asked her and she said.
"He's so charming"

I didn't want to ask her more.
I felt a burn in my chest.
And I felt my heart being punctured by thousands of needles.
I was hurt badly.
I needed to shed my tears somewhere.
I ran towards the bathroom in our center.
And sat in the toilet.
And there I have shed my quiet tears.

Angels hurt mortals too.
No wonder why the bible says some angels turned into evil spirits.
And I wondered maybe she might be one of them.
Or maybe I'm just bitter.


Comments

Popular Posts